Tuesday

Reach for the Stars!!!

OK, it has got to the point of the project where I need to define what my range of trainers is going to be called and the name of the advertising campaign to support the promotion of them. I know this is not stated in the brief as a necessity, but it helps me to understand what exactly the company would be looking for when creating an advertising campaign and therefore helps me decide on my final,final piece.

Firstly, I know that I am going to base my range of trainers on the Michael Jordan Air trainers and follow the idea of creating a whole website, as a kinda sister website to the main Nike Site, for my female range of Nike Basketball trainers. Although they are essentially going to be designed for basketball players, the "Air" trainers are just as popular with people that do not play the sport but just like the brand and design.

Therefore I can't make my slogan and name basketball- orientated. I obviously have to have "Magic" in the title to fulfill the brief.

After  much deliberation, I have come up with a name for my range of trainers and a slogan for the fictional advertising campaign (I know its not necessary, but is quite exciting!):

Nike Air Magic

"Reach for the stars!"

The title of the fictional trainer range is quite self explanatory, but I will explain anyway. Basically, I want to base my range on the Nike Air range by Michael Jordan, but because I am creating a fictional range of women's trainers I needed a new slant than using the Jumpman range.

There I have simply called my range Nike Air Magic, rather than just Nike Magic. I have also looked into the idea of creating an advertising campaign that is endorsed by a famous female basketball player. Again, although I won't go that far in the project, its good to being able to explain why I have chosen to go down certain routes and why I have chosen the certain style/ colours/ range that I have done.

Girl Power!


The slogan, "Reach for the stars!" works in two ways. Firstly in works in the fact that I am using stars in my installation. Secondly, because Basketball players jump high, therefore they "Reach" as high as they can.

"Simples!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment