Tuesday

The Famous Females.

OK, my next step I believed was to research into famous Female Basketball players. I decided to focus my research on female stars from the WNBA (Women's national basketball association) of America. These are just a few:

Swin Cash


(From Wikipedia)

Swintayla Marie Cash (born on September 22, 1979), better known as Swin Cash, is an American WNBA player who plays for the Seattle Storm.[1] A prolific scorer and rebounder, as well as a capable ball handler and defender, she helped lead the University of Connecticut women's basketball team to national titles in 2000 and 2002. In her second WNBA season, she led the Detroit Shock to their first ever WNBA title.

Cheryl Miller




Cheryl D. Miller (born on January 3, 1962 in Riverside, California) is a former college basketball player, coach and sportscaster for TNT. She is currently a sideline reporter for NBA games on TNT Sports and also works for NBA TV as a reporter and analyst having worked previously as a sportscaster for ABC Sports, TBS Sports and ESPN. She was also head coach and General Manager of the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury.
In 1995, Miller was enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts. In 1999, she was inducted into the inaugural class of the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, located in Knoxville, Tennessee.[1] On August 20, 2010, Miller was also inducted into the FIBA Hall of Fame for her success in international play.[2]


Lisa Leslie


Lisa Deshaun Leslie-Lockwood (born July 7, 1972, in Gardena, California) is a retired American professional women's basketball player in the WNBA. She is a three-time WNBA MVP and a four-time Olympic gold medal winner. The number seven pick in the 1997 inaugural WNBA draft, she followed a superb career at the University of Southern California with seven WNBA All-Star appearances and two WNBA championships over the course of eleven seasons with the Los Angeles Sparks, before retiring in 2009.[1] Leslie, a 6'5" center, is the first player to dunk in a WNBA game. She was considered a pioneer and cornerstone of the league during her WNBA career.

After my brief research, I have decided to focus my imaginary range of Women's Nike trainers on the basketball star, Win Cash. I have chosen Swin Cash, as she the most current of the three and is still playing professional Basketball to this day. She also seems "Young" and "Trendy" and therefore will appeal to my target audience.

I know all of this seems pointless at the moment, but this research and deciding on this factor has helped me with my decisions regarding what route to take regarding my advertisement. Now I have chosen my range to be "Sponsored" by a real female basketball star, I can treat my advertisement in much the same way as the Jumpman series. In other words, If I was to extend this project, I could expand it by creating a "fictional" website promoting the female version for the Michale Jordan Jump air trainers.I could do it in the much the same way as Michael Jordan with his own website away from Nike, that as well as advertising the new ranges, it discusses important issues regarding the sport.

With my firm decision to continue with my project down the route of advertising a solely female range of trainers, I can continue my designs o respect of this. I will however display some older designs first, to show my progress from my old ideas to the new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment