Tuesday

Different Skies

OK, back to a bit of the design work...

Today, I am going to experiment with the background image for my installation. If we recap, my most recent attempt looked like this:

This was designed initially with the idea of promoting either a men's range of trainers or unisex. Since my idea has now updated, I need to update my design. Has i have said in a previous post, the star element of my processing code makes my design look quite feminine in itself; it is soft and "comfortable". Other elements in the design however made it look "clumpy" and "not very elegant!".
Firstly, I wanted to experiment with different Skies. So here goes:


Firstly, I decided I wanted to make more use of the Jumpman logo, as that is a main part of the reason I have decided to focus on Nike Air trainers. I also thought as my idea involves the use of a night sky and the theme of basketball, I use the idea of "Reaching for the stars", but I will go into depth a bit later about that.
I definitely prefer this idea if the centralised logo, rather than having the logo in the bottom right hand corner with the Nike Swoosh.


In this attempt, I was experimenting with Lens flares and lighting effects in Photoshop. I wanted to create a more dynamic feel with the light glaring off the Jumpman logo. Pretty good!


With this attempt, the lighting was a little bit more subtle. I am not sure which attempt I preferred!! Further experiments would help me out!


Bigger Logo. Liking it!!! If you also notice, I have altered the Jumpman logo to fit in with my project: The logo is now a Woman! (I will discuss this further in following posts!).
I am now going to explain to you how I created each element of the background individually.

0 comments:

Post a Comment