Tuesday

Target Audience

I found this statement on the Hypergene website and think it's very true of the recognisable Nike Swish:


The Swoosh remains the same
Though it is only about 30 years old, there are few other symbols more recognizable around the world than the Nike Swoosh. Its form is simple and swift. It's meaning built masterfully over the years with billions of dollars of products, advertisements and research. Like a famous signature, it has earned a unique right to identify something as special — whether it's a pair of running shorts or a golf ball.

This suggests to me that it would be recognisable to a wide range of age groups.

From my last post regarding Michael Jordan's trainer campaign, I stated that they were specifically focusing on the young male audience. This suggests to me the male audience between 16- 30 years old. I suppose this is the age group to particular buy Nike-branded trainers. Although I don't want to restrict it's appeal to just the male audience; I want the female audience to also feel engaged.
Therefore I am going to aim it directly at the younger generation (up to the age of 30) for two main reasons: This would be the age group that the product would particularly appeal to and it is also the age group that would fee l most comfortable at interacting with an interactive installation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment