Tuesday

The JumpMan Look!

As I want to base my idea on the Jumpman website, A sister Nike Website advertising Nike inspired by Michael Jordan, I thought I ought to look in depth at the website. I have briefly described the appearance of the website on this blog, but now I am going to break the website apart and look exactly at what features I want to capture in my Processing sketch.
The Website can be found at:

www.nike.com/jumpman23/index.html

First let's have a look at the website introduction:


Modern, Funky and Fun!


Simple loading icon


Funky, exciting-looking homepage! I love the use of quite dull background colours with a nice range of bold colours used for the graphics, which really make them stand out from the plain background.
One element of the above page really caught my eye; the Jordan revolution blog link. I made a quick recording of it to show you exactly what I liked about it:



I took this video from the Jumpman website; A nice animation demonstrating the Nike Jordan Evolution progression through the years.
I love the use of simple blueprints to demonstrate the creation and development of the trainer, finishing with the new, up to date model of the famous range.
I would love to show some sort of "development in my sketch.

I also saw the link to the new Michael Jordan clothing range, a winter range, that looks very "magical" with the use of snow and icy effects. Very interesting!:






Last, but not least, I love the look of the following flash video from the Jumpman website. It's exploding effect is exciting and creates the dynamic, pulse-racing feel that Jordan is trying to achieve:

(Again, sorry for the rushed video quality!)

 

All are very exciting ideas to try and develop on, in order to link my product to the "feel" of Nike. Which one shall I choose!!!
What I think I need to do is take another look at the monster media website, and in particular their shop front advertising and this is what I want to focus my idea on. This should help me discover a little better exactly what is expected and needed in a Shopfront interactive display and then will help[ me decide what is the most practical idea to develop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment