Tuesday

The Art of Processing...

I thought before I went any further, I should look more into artist pieces created using processing. I thought this may give me some more ideas , as to create a "Magic" effect for my installation.
I thought if I looked at more artistic pieces, using particles and movement, it would ideally develop my knowledge on what is possible in being created in Processing.

Processing


Processing from Ana Paula Carvalho on Vimeo.

I found this video on processing, although very simple and just using shapes and movement, combined with the music, it is very effective. It just shows you have simple shapes can be very beautiful and elegant.


Magnetic Ink, Process video

Magnetic Ink, Process video from flight404 on Vimeo.

Another gorgeous piece of work; very mesmerising with the movement and conversion of the shapes in time to the music...wow!

Another video by the same artist:


Tendrils continued from flight404 on Vimeo.

Again the movement is amazing... I could watch it for hours!

In my preliminary design ideas, I will probably incorporate some idea of creating the "Swoosh" effect of the Nike tick through use of movement of shapes and particles. I can't wait to experiment further with the use of particles and movement to create something people can watch for hours and hours, and more importantly interact with to make them stand there for even longer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment